We are excited to announce that as of Wednesday June 2, Parkville Coffee will be reopening our dine-in services. Every guideline we have developed has been made with thoughtful consideration and intention. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for all, while bringing back our homey atmosphere to enjoy with family and friends over a delicious, hometown roasted cup of coffee and fresh, baked in-house pastry. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, and most importantly, thank you for your continued support of our small business!
8.2.2021 MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER PARKVILLE COFFEE, for everyone in line and in common areas (exception is while customer is actively eating/drinking and seated at a table).
There are many reasons why we’ve chosen to continue mask protocols, despite the CDC decision that only unvaccinated individuals need to wear them. A few of those reasons are:
- We don’t know who is vaccinated and who is not. We will not ask you to prove your vaccination status in any way.
- To help protect our community members who are unable to get vaccinated: i.e. those with underlying health conditions, population under the age of 12.
- Evidence that the Delta Variant affects those vaccinated and not, and rising cases.
If interested, please scroll to the end of this post of more information on our decision to continue mask protocols.
Changes to expect during your visit to Parkville Coffee:
- There will be limited seating on the first floor (to allow more ability to social distance while sitting from those waiting in line), while our additional upstairs seating will be at full capacity. Please allow 1st floor seating to individuals, couples, or those with disabilities (unable to use the stairs). Upstairs is great for families and groups.
- Public Restrooms are now available again!
- Condiment Bar and Self-serve station is now available again.
- Use of personal cups and growlers are now accepted again.
- Phone orders no longer accepted. Please order pick-up online HERE, or order at the counter. (It is too difficult for the staff to provide excellent customer service when orders come from too many sources. To better our attention to our customers, we are going back to eliminating orders taken over the phone. This does not pertain to catering orders or wholesale orders.)
- We will no longer bring food to your table in the cafe. We now have a buzzer system. You will be assigned a buzzer at the register after placing your order. It will notify you when your order is ready, which you can pickup at our new Food Pick-up station to the right of our pastry case. This station is separate from drink pick-up, in order to help promote safe distancing.
What we are continuing to keep our space safe:
- All staff will continue to wear PPE.
- Staff will disinfect high traffic areas and clean cafe hourly.
- Sanitizer stations will be available to you in the cafe.
Below is information we pulled from the most recent posting by the Platte County Health Department (found HERE).
“WHEREAS, as of May 4, 2021 43.43% of eligible Platte County residents in Platte County Health Department’s jurisdiction have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 35.06% are fully vaccinated;
and WHEREAS, variants of the COVID-19 virus remain a threat to the health and safety of all Platte County, Missouri residents, in that sufficient scientific research of the effectiveness of available vaccines on COVID-19 variants is under review;
and WHEREAS, there are members of the Platte County, Missouri population that are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to underlying health concerns or their minor age and therefore a portion of the Platte County, Missouri population remains at risk for serious illness related to COVID-19;
D. Masks or face coverings may be required by businesses, which may refuse service to any person who refuses to wear a Mask or Face Covering. However, a business may not require an individual to produce written verification of a medical condition that prohibits use of a Mask or Face Covering.
Thank you! And please direct any questions to email@example.com.