March 16, 2020
To Our Valued Customers and Community,
There is no higher priority than the safety of our customers and employees. With increasing news and concern for Coronavirus, COVID-19, we want our customers to know that we are taking additional steps to ensure a safe and healthy environment within our restaurant.
As we continue to monitor the situation, we are actively following council from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Platte County Health Department. Additionally, we are responding with preventative actions in our restaurant, including:
- Increased sanitization throughout the restaurant, including common surfaces and objects commonly touched to help reduce the spread of germs. We have a timer that goes off every hour for sanitizing.
- Suspending the use of “for here” dishes and Personal cups/growlers. As much as it hurts to take steps back on our environmental initiative and sustainability, the health of our customers and staff is most important. We cannot accept personal cups, but will continue to give you a discount if you bring them in. We are also willing to fill a disposable container of beans that you can then transfer to your Growler if you’d like. All refills will also be given in a new cup.
- Reducing contact, including keeping all self-service condiments (cream, sugar, stir sticks, drink stoppers, honey, etc.) and cafe water behind the counter. We are happy to prepare your beverage the way you like it.
- Keeping Employees and Customers safe by recognizing symptoms early. Taking initiative to send symptomatic employees home.
- Providing additional training and awareness to all employees on the safe handling of food to include, use of gloves and food-safe sanitizers. We are also washing our hands frequently with the proper hand-washing guidelines given by the CDC.
- Making sure restrooms are fully stocked with soap and providing additional hand sanitizers to ensure confidence with those that are dining with us.
- Curbside assistance. You may order online with us HERE. In the notes section, describe your vehicle. Call us when you arrive and we will bring your order out to your car so that you do not have to come inside. You may also call in your order to 816-216-6560.
- Free shipping for coffee ordered online. If you are practicing social distancing, our coffee is available for purchase online to be delivered to your house. We have suspended all shipping prices, to help our customers that are in quarantine or social distancing, still have their coffee at home.
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 16, 2020 no dine-in service is permitted. We will continue to do curbside pick-up only.
If you are interested in ways that you could help our small business in the fast-changing and unknown times such as now, here are some ideas:
- Order our coffee online to be shipped to you.
- Purchase a gift card now, to be used later.
- Use our online ordering system and allow us to bring your order out to your car.
- Like, comment, and share our social media posts (on Facebook and Instagram).
We are keeping up with the current, fast-changing situation on an hour-by-hour basis. We will update our statement as more information becomes available.
Thank you for being our customer and a member of our community. We look forward to serving you. May you and all of your family stay well.
Kristin Helling (owner),
and the entire Parkville Coffee team.